Tuesday 15 November 2011

Thought Bubble Sequential Arts Festival



This week is turning out to be a really busy week for me with the opportunity for portfolio visits popping up everywhere. Last week I managed to get my grubby little hands on some tickets for the Thought Bubble Sequential Arts Festival in Leeds on Saturday 19th November, which is this coming weekend and I must say the line up is looking absolutely brilliant. At the moment I’m a bit spoilt for choice as to what to see and do when I get there (I feel a well needed list coming on). Just scrolling through the guide book there are some great looking workshops to attend including Manga, Madcap Pirate, Dr Simpo’s Drop-In Comix. Also listed in the guide are the opportunities to get your portfolio seen with drop in sessions from Nobrow and SelfMadeHero, which I will certainly be looking to get in on. There are also a couple of portfolio critique sessions with the big guns Marvels Steve Wacker and a Dragons Den style portfolio session with 2000AD, but to be totally honest I’m way too scared to book into those sessions as I don’t see myself as the next Will Eisner (I’d love to be a fly on the wall though!).
Another event advertised in the guidebook is an art exhibition at the Traveling Man in Leeds between 14th and 20th of November entitled “Comics, Creatures & Curios” it sounds really interesting and if I have time in my busy schedule I will be heading down there to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment