Sunday 20 November 2011

A Welcome Bit Of Exposure

Last week I saw a competition on creaturemag.com asking for submissions for the Movember Moustache Illustrations Awards. They were inviting people to submit character illustrations of moustaches to help further promote the Movember campaign which happens every year creating awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. 


The brief was open to interpretation and split into 3 categories of Moustache Characters, Moustache Wearers and Moustache Theme. As well as the three category awards there will also be a "Drawer's Drawer Award" which will be voted on by all entrants. All winners and runners up will be included in an e-book which will publish not long after the winners are announced. 


I decided to have a go at submitting some artwork as it seemed like a fun and worthwhile brief.
I received an email yesterday to confirm my work had been posted up on the site check out my submission here


There wasn't really a concept behind my work I just sketched out a couple of characters that popped into my head and imagined a cowboy duel scene amongst some other ideas.


If you fancy submitting an entry to this competition you still have time as the closing date is 23rd November at 12pm. Click here for the brief and how to enter......and remember it's all for a good cause.



No comments:

Post a Comment